OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
External USB3.0 HDD (4k sector)
USB HDD Verified models:
When USB3.0HDD (4K sector) has been connected, backup task will fail.
When perform a backup task, error is outputted.
- 06/25/2013 15:58:00.858 [06/25/2013 15:57:58.629] OUTPUT: - Returned HRESULT = 0x8004230f
- 06/25/2013 15:58:00.858 [06/25/2013 15:57:58.630] OUTPUT: - Error text: VSS_E_UNEXPECTED_PROVIDER_ERROR
- 06/25/2013 15:58:00.858 [06/25/2013 15:57:58.630] OUTPUT: - Please re-run VSHADOW.EXE with the /tracing option to get more details
- 06/25/2013 15:58:00.858 Could not start VSS Level=ERROR 
1) Open the properties of the C drive.
2) Open the "shadow copy" tab.
3) Select the backup target volume, and then click Settings.
4) The maximum size of the configuration screen: Select the "no limit", and then click [OK].
5) Set in the same way for the other backup target volume.
* If you want to include the "system reserved" to backup, please also set this volume.
* Setting in the image destination of USB HDD volume is not required.