When the backup task failed, [Exit Code:-311] is outputted in task.
This is the error associated with the VSS (Volume Shadow Copy), occurs in the preparation stage of the snapshot.
Check the error in Windows event log.
Windows Application log:
Log Name: Application
Windows System log:
Log Name: System
- Existence confirmation of tracking drivers
System Information -- software environment -- Check if there is "aiptrack" to the system driver.
- Reboot the OS after installation.
If you have not done a reboot after installation, it does not work properly.
* In Windows 2000, error -999 occurs, because the VSS is not implemented.
- Upgrade to the latest version
- Check the Registry
If Registry value is wrong, -311 error occurs.
Registry check and repair procedure:
1) Start the command prompt, type regedit, and then start the Registry Editor.
2) Delete the blank line of UpperFilters.
Value of AipTrack is recorded in the state that contains a blank line.
Delete the blank as follows.
3) After performing a restart of the OS, backup please make sure it is working properly.
If restart fails, please boot in safe mode.
Once after you start in safe mode, please restart.
Apply the Latest Service Pack.
Apply the Patch and HotFix.
The application of the roll-up package